Reasons Against an Immediate Introduction of the Blue Badge
Despite all arguments for the immediate introduction of the Blue Badge, some reasons stand against it (especially economic ones). These are in particular:
- A lack of financial supports which would have to be brought up for retrofit technologies.
- The pure cost/benefit ratio is supposed to be considered as critical. This especially if the costs for a new signposting are taken into account which would be necessary in big cities.
- Considering the real exhaust emissions having been discovered on the occasion of the VW scandal for vehicles with emission standard Euro 5 and Euro 6, it comes out that these vehicles never could obtain the Blue Badge in reality.
- Until now, a nationwide legal basis is missing.
- Until now, single federal states decline principally the introduction of an upper emission limit in environmental areas.